Officially this is called ‘making a disclosure in the public interest’. If you have any concerns around the care a person who we support is receiving you can phone our whistleblowing hotline anonymously on 07791 505 930.
More information on Whistleblowing and Safeguarding: Click here for more information on Whistleblowing and Safeguarding.
1. Your call goes through to a mobile phone at Marle House. The phone call will not be answered, it will go straight to answerphone.
2. The Whistle Blowing mobile phone is checked by the Office Manager for messages each morning at 9am.
3. The message is passed on to the relevant person as instructed in Future Directions Whistle Blowing Policy.
4. The answer phone message will be deleted.
5. This is a completely anonymous process, your phone number will not be noted and will not be used in any reports.
The information you give us will be dealt with in confidence, and you can raise concerns anonymously.
Before contacting us, you may want to:
If you feel like you can’t talk to someone at Future Directions CIC, read CQC’s quick guide to whistleblowing or guidance for workers which give helpful advice on speaking out about poor care and what protection you will have from the law.
Staff or families can also call the National Whistleblowing Helpline which is 08000 724 725 to seek independent, confidential advice.
Staff, remember that you can also talk to your Trade Unions about any concerns you may have.
National Whistleblowing Helpline: 08000 724 725
Future Directions CIC Whistleblowing Hotline: 07791 505 930
CQC Whistleblowing Helpline: 03000 616 161
Your Trade Union