There are many advantages to having your own P.A:
- Always be at the centre of your support
- You choose how and when you are going to be supported
- Build up a long and lasting relationship
- Personal assistants are specifically trained to meet your needs
- Be supported in your own home and remain part of your local community, maintaining and developing relationships and friendships.
- You can be involved in the recruitment process of your PA.
- You can specify what attributes you would like the PA to have.
- You can even specify that the PA is needed for activities at certain times.
- All this information will then be collated into the Job Description to go out with the Job Advertisement.
- You can then meet and will be involved in interviewing the candidates.
We will aim to provide staff who:
- Turn up on time.
- Trained and knowledgeable.
- People you know.
- Polite and professional.
All staff complete an induction in line with Skills for Care Common Induction Standards.
The eight standards map across to the mandatory units of the new Health and Social Care Diploma to ensure there is consistency of approach for the workforce.
- Standard 1 – Role of the health and social care worker
- Standard 2 – Personal development
- Standard 3 – Communicate effectively
- Standard 4 – Equality and Inclusion
- Standard 5 – Principles for implementing duty of care
- Standard 6 – Principles of safeguarding in health and social care
- Standard 7 – Person-centered support
- Standard 8 – Health and safety in an adult social care setting
Where required by individual need, staff are also given specialised training in:
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Other health areas: i.e. Pressure Care, PEG Feeds, Stoma Care, Catheter Care etc.
We can develop and/or buy in training to suit individual needs.
Staff appraisals and Job Consultations
A well constructed performance planning and appraisal programme is seen as a particularly valuable means of developing a cohesive, motivated and efficient workforce, of which staff play an important part.
Staff have the opportunity to discuss their individual training needs, plans, performance, problems etc. on a minimum 3 monthly basis with their Manager via job consultation and an annual appraisal.
All staff are supported to develop skills and personal development.
Contracts between Future Directions and the
Future Directions CIC agrees to:
- Help you to be in control of your life – this is called Self-Determination.
- Help you to decide your future.
- Help you with your money.
- Support you in your home.
- Support you in your day-to-day life.
- Support you to be included in your community and your relationships.
- Tell the people supporting you what you think about your support.
- Tell the people supporting you if your support needs change.
- Unless agreed otherwise: Tell us at least a week in advance if you choose to cancel some parts of your support.
- Unless agreed otherwise: Tell us at least a week in advance if you choose to increase or decrease your hours.
- Use our complaints procedure if you are unhappy with the support you are receiving.
- Use our easy to understand questionaire which will ask you for your views on how we can improve how we support you and speak with and your family.
Your ‘Individual Service Fund Agreement’
- Description of the service to be provided.
- Total cost of the service to be provided.
- Hours of support.
- Cost of breakdown.
- Contingency provision (money we may keep for emergencies but has been agreed with you)
- What to do if you wish to end the agreement.
Future Directions CIC understands that each individual has their own individual support requirements. Each support package is tailor made for each individual and a price per hour will be evaluated based on the level of support required.
£12.70 is the minimum cost per hour.
£13.50 is the maximum cost per hour.
Both rates include include a named Manager.
Our 5 key key messages
Future Directions CIC Aim to:
- Provide support at home and in the community.
- Ensure full people who we support and/or Family involvement and engagement.
- Provide specialist service provider/experience.
- Provide excellent training and recruitment processes.
- Be a consistent, reliable and responsive service provision.
- Future Directions will support you to choose your own personal assistants.
- Future Directions will support you to be part of and involved in your community.
- Future Directions will listen to you and take time to understand what your wishes and needs are.
- Future Directions will support you to maintain and develop your independence and to have choice and control in your life.
- Future Directions will take into account all known aspects in your life when planning your support. Including positive risk taking.
- Future Directions will ensure that you have a clearly written agreement that reflects the support we provide to you.
- Future Directions will ensure that staff are suitably trained to meet your needs and wishes.
- Future Directions will offer value for money.
- Future Directions will make every effort to communicate with you in a way that you wish and understand.
- Future Directions will treat you with dignity and respect.
Download our Personal Assistant leaflet here.