Everyone was shocked about the abuse of people with learning disabilities at Winterbourne View. Future Directions CIC along with many other organisations that support people with learning disabilities and the Government are taking action to make sure that this never happens again.
Future Directions CIC have made a commitment to follow the Driving Up Quality Code. This Code is part of what we have promised to do under the Winterbourne View Concordat and action plan.
The Driving Up Quality Code:
- Support is focused on the person.
- The person is supported to have an ordinary and meaningful life.
- Care and support focuses on people being happy and having a good quality of life.
- A good culture is important to the organisation.
- Managers and board members lead and run the organisation well.
We are proud to announce that we are winners of the 'Openness and Transparency' Award at the Driving Up Quality Awards 2016.
Click here to view Future Directions CIC's Driving Up Quality Self Assessment.
Click here to view Future Directions CIC's Driving Up Quality Self Assessment- Action Plan
Click here to find out more about the Driving Up Quality Code.