Employment of Nurses
We actively promote the employment of Learning Disability Nurses within our management structure for the skills, knowledge and expertise they bring regarding:
- Supporting individuals with complex needs.
- Supporting access to appropriate services.
- Supporting staff teams and individual's families and carers to engage and support high quality service delivery.
As well as the specialist knowledge and expertise that our Learning Disability Nurses bring, they are able to:
- Support staff through training and mentoring to provide personalised support to individuals.
- Support individuals and their families/carers to understand, explore and engage in designing their support packages to meet their needs and choices.
- Provide training to people we support and their families/carers.