Living Out Our Values
We have a values-based recruitment process designed to attract people who have the right values that will live out our values.
“The strong value base of the organisation was shared and demonstrated at all levels from Personal Assistants to the Managing Director, with all actions measured against the values of the organisation.“
How do we ensure values are embedded throughout the organisation?
- We recruit people with the right values. It is far easier to give people knowledge, training, experience and skills and we can do that when the person is in role, but it is far harder to change a person’s values as these are what makes a person tick. So we have a values-based recruitment process designed to attract people who have the right values that will live out our values.
- Every induction programme will go through our values and expectations of living out those values.
- We ensure everyone’s objectives and appraisals will define how they will live out the values and what this will look like in practice.
- Every team meeting and supervision will explore how our values have been lived out in practice.
- Every year we will have a new Values Action Plan about what the focus will be to keep the values real and meaningful.
- Our Award Ceremonies and Celebration Days will focus on how we have lived the values out in practice.
- We will, through our Values Workshops and Staff Engagement Sessions, always explore how we can live out the values.
- We produce the Future Directions Way for staff teams that highlights what values look like in action.
- We have developed a Future Directions values-based leadership programme.
- We will hold people to account when they don’t live out our values.
- We will use our values as a compass to guide what new developments and growth we should pursue and which we should not pursue.
- We will use our values as a guide on how we behave and act so that by putting people first, going the extra mile, being adaptable, creative and transparent we can, will and do make a real difference to people’s lives.